Saturday, March 27, 2010

Notebook cover

My first attempt at making a notebook cover. It is removable and covers a coil-ring notebook. I think I'll run around the twill-tape binding one more time with my sewing machine. An industrial binding machine would be nice to have. I love the smooth feel of this particular vinyl, and I have a bunch of surface decoration ideas to try.

Update: I didn't need an industrial binding machine, I found a taping foot that works and corners well. See my March 30 blog post. I need some more practice to perfect the technique. I removed this binding and redid it with the taping foot, with near-professional results.

No comments:

Post a Comment