Monday, November 10, 2008

My old handbag is now a pattern







I took it apart and I'm going to see if that style will work with my billboard vinyl. I'm using the blurry photograph of Banker's Hall for the fabric, and an old umbrella for the lining.

That was a good handbag. It went to Europe with me, but the vinyl is all shot now. I guess that's how our possessions are supposed to be. Used until they're worn out. I have another purse in storage that I can wear out. It matches the green of my eyes. All I had to do was fix the snap on it.

Update: well, so far so good, I've sewn the body of the bag and the lining. I'm not sure if it will be successful with the seams on the inside, since the billboard vinyl is so stiff.

1 comment:

  1. I love to use a favorite item as a pattern. Looks like you are getting a good result at repurposing.

    ReplyDelete