Saturday, November 8, 2008

One reason I started this blog

The sense I get from my Etsy experience so far is that there's more to it than just setting up the shop and enjoying all the revenue. In addition to having things priced right, low shipping charges, products correctly and artfully photographed, well-designed shop banners and avatar, product items in proper sections, described right (not too short or too long), There's off-site promotion work to be done as well. In other words, its more than I thought it would be.

I've enjoyed the Etsy experience, but I did think it would be a lot easier. I thought that Etsy would be the window to the world and that all I would have to do was do my craft, post it, and voila, a buyer would be right there. So that illusion was dealt with I'd say! I honestly thought that my first shirt would sell right away. Now I'm 10 shirts in and 3 wallets, and only one convo about the fact that I didn't have sizing. (I'm addressing that). No sales yet. I have wanted to try making videos and blogging anyway, so this Etsy shop of mine was a catalyst to get these two things going. So for that goal, trying to sell on Etsy has been good to get me learning. I do feel like I'm making dinner for a toddler, though. Song and dance, and still, "nope". I feel like the video was the handstands part. I haven't yet reached the point where it's too hard or too time consuming. I don't know where that point is, yet.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Alison,
    I'm with you on this.You go around thinking that you are cream and will naturally rise to the top but it is a lot more work than you thought.But we will continue !!Onward!!

    ReplyDelete